Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My top ten favorite movies of all time.

A blog post about movies?

Yes, I needed to do a blog post and I decided to do one about movies.  Plus, I'm exhausted and can't focus enough to edit.  Plus I just wanted to do something different.

But you're a writer.

Yes, but one day I would like my movies to become books.

Well all right then.  Proceed.

Thank you.

These are my favorite movies.  Of all time.  I have not seen every movie available, so there may be one or two that you think I'm crazy for missing, but that's alright.  You may also not agree with these choices.  I don't necessarily say the are the best, just my favorite.

I invite you to tell me how terrible you think they are in the comments.  I'd even be curious to know what your top ten are.

1.  Fifth Element


 Best. Movie. Ever.

2.  Ever After


I love Drew Barrymore in this.  The story is wonderful and the feel of the movie is perfect.

3.  Lord of the Rings Trilogy


The books were like reading through mud.  The movies took the best parts and made the most epic fantasy series of all time a magnificent movie.
Liv Tyler can whisper to me in Elvish any day.

4.  The Avengers



I love super hero movies.  This one was that good.

5.  Valentines Day


I saw this with my wife and we both loved it.  It is one of my favorite memories of all time. :)

6. The Sound of Music.


Yes, I really love this movie.

7. The Fugitive. 


This is an excellent movie.  It's truly awesome.  If you haven't watched it, you need to remedy that.

8. The Philadelphia Story



Cary Grant, James Stewart and Katherine Hepburn are brilliant together.  They play off of each other perfectly.

9. Scrooge with Albert Finney.

Brilliant performance and one I've watched at Christmas with my family countless times, so it holds wonderful memories for me.

10. Star Wars.


  All of it.  I know that's cheating, but Star Wars is awesome.  The reason it's not higher is because of Episodes 1,2 and 3 . . . which I still enjoyed and not just because of Natalie Portman.  I don't care what my wife says.


That's your list?

Yes, that's my list.  Depending on my mood at any given moment, the order may change.

Why aren't there any movies about Emo Bunnies?

Because I haven't found any.

We're disappointed in you.

Understandable.

Anyway, 

All my best,

John H. Carroll


No comments: